Last updated 25th April 2021
In the course of our business dealings with you we may collect, use, disclose, and hold information about identified or identifiable persons (Personal Information), as well as other business or technical data.
Information that we collect from you
During the course of your relationship with us or your use of our Remotely software service (Service), we may collect the following information:
- We will collect personal details from you during the course of your establishing and maintaining a customer account or user profile with us via the Service, such as your name, user name, passwords, address, email address and phone numbers, and credit card and payment details.
- We will collect data that is inputted or uploaded by users into the Service.
- We will collect data related to the use of the Service, including the actions taken by users, the reports generated, and the data and content accessed, shared or created.
- We may collect other Personal Information and data during the course or as a result of your relationship with us, including where necessary to enable us to provide products and services to you or to respond to requests for further information.
We don’t collect credit card information
We do not collect, store or process any credit card information. Any credit card payments made by users in connection with the Service, including in connection with any additional products, services or add-ons that may be made available for purchase via the Service, will be processed by third-party payment platform providers.
How we use Personal Information and other data
We will use, disclose and hold Personal Information and data collected by us for the following purposes:
- to enable us to operate the Service for the benefit of you or the applicable customer subscriber;
- to enable other users of the Service to access and use the Personal Information and data you have agreed to share with them via the Service;
- to establish and maintain any account you hold with us;
- to complete sales transactions, including billing, credit card processing, payment, receipt, credit check and verification services;
- to respond to your queries or requests for additional information or support;
- to provide any after-sales service required by you;
- to maintain our records;
- to provide technical support and administration services in relation to the Service;
- for product development or research purposes; and
- to evaluate customer satisfaction and the performance of marketing activities.
Lawful basis for processing Personal Information
We will always make sure that we have a lawful basis for the processing of your Personal Information.
In particular, we may need to process your Personal Information to pursue our legitimate business interests. This includes to enable us to operate the Service for the benefit of users and subscribers. In claiming legitimate business interests to process your Personal Information, we will balance those legitimate business interests against your own interests – which may in some cases override our legitimate business interests.
In addition to our legitimate business interests:
- In some circumstances, we will have a legal obligation to process certain Personal Information.
Such cookies or software will only use information about your personal preferences and user settings so that the Service will remember your details next time you visit. We may use, disclose or sell other data collected by us from such cookies or software for other purposes, but only on an aggregated basis and in a way that ensures that no individual is able to be identified from such information.
You may be able to change the settings on the device that you use to access the Service in order to reject or limit the use of such cookies or software, but this may reduce the functionality of the Service.
Social sharing features
The Service may integrate with social sharing features and other related tools which let you share actions you take on the Service with other apps, sites, or media, and vice versa. Your use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the social sharing service. Please refer to the privacy policies of those social sharing services for more information about how they handle the Personal Information or data you provide to or share through them.
Statistical data that we collect
During your use of the Service we may collect statistical data about such use, such as the date, time and length of your use, the areas of the Service that you access, and information about the device you are using to access the Service. This information may be collected by software operating on the Service, or by third party service providers on our behalf.
We may use and disclose such statistical data for the following purposes:
- to measure the effectiveness of any services or features provided via the Service;
- to identify user behaviour and user trends on the Service;
- to maintain and optimise the technical performance, operation and security of any products or services provided by us; and
- to assist in resource planning.
We may disclose or sell such statistical data to others for any purpose, but only on an aggregated basis and in a way that ensures that no individual is able to be identified from such data.
User and subject data
We may use Personal Information and other data collected by us or via the Service to send or email to you marketing or promotional information about our services or products, or the services or products of other companies (Direct Marketing Information), but only if you have expressly given us permission to do so.
We will not sell your Personal Information or other data to direct marketers unless you have expressly given us permission to do so.
We may transfer your Personal Information and other data to another entity in connection with a sale of our business or assets, or a merger or consolidation or restructuring of our business or company, or any other transaction in which a third party acquires ownership of any rights in the Service.
If we transfer any of your Personal Information and other data in such circumstances, we will ensure that such Personal Information and other data remain protected and that the recipient of that Personal Information and other data agrees to be bound by privacy practices and obligations that are consistent with our own under this Policy.
Disclosure of information to third-parties
We will not use your Personal Information and other data, or disclose your Personal Information and other data to third parties, except:
- where we reasonably believe that such use or disclosure is required or expressly permitted under any applicable law.
Holding Personal Information
We will not hold your Personal Information and other data for longer than is reasonably required for the purposes for which we may lawfully use that Personal Information or data.
We will use all reasonable endeavours to effect and maintain adequate security measures to safeguard your Personal Information and other data we hold from loss or unauthorised access, use, modification or disclosure.
Transfer of Information
In particular, the Service is operated using servers and systems located in New Zealand. Personal Information may also be transferred to servers and systems operated by Microsoft in the United States and other countries via the Microsoft Azure cloud service. The European Commission has recognised New Zealand and the United States (limited to the Privacy Shield framework) as providing adequate protection for the personal data of European Union subjects.
We will ensure that appropriate safeguards are in place as prescribed by the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), before we transfer any Personal Information of any European Union subjects to any data processor based in any country that the European Commission has not recognised as providing adequate protection for the personal data of European Union subjects. As a minimum, we will ensure that the data processor agrees to be bound by the European Commission’s Standard Contractual Clauses for the protection of personal data, or (in the case of the US) will ensure that the entity is Privacy Shield certified.
When Microsoft processes the Personal Information of European Union subjects it also ensures that appropriate safeguards are in place that are prescribed by the GDPR, See https://www.microsoft.com/en-nz/trust-center/privacy/gdpr-faqs for more details of how Microsoft maintains GDPR compliance.
Use of third-party websites
If you access any third-party websites via a link from the Service, you will leave the Service. By accessing these links you are not covered by the policies relating to the Service. We are not responsible for the content of any third-party websites, or their use of your Personal Information or other data.
Other user privacy or security practices
We have no control over the privacy or security practices of other users of the Service that you share your Personal Information or data with. In particular, we cannot control what such persons may do with the information you share with them. You should ensure that all persons you share Personal Information or other valuable data with have appropriate privacy and security practices in place that protect your Personal Information or data from misuse and unauthorised disclosure.
Your rights to access, correct and delete Personal Information
You have rights to information about your Personal Information that we collect and process. This information includes:
- details of the Personal Information that we collect and process, including the categories of Personal Information concerned, and purposes of any processing;
- the recipients or categories of recipient to whom the Personal Information have been or will be disclosed;
- where possible, the envisaged period for which the Personal Information will be stored, or, if not possible, the criteria used to determine that period; and
- where your Personal Information is not collected from you, any available information as to the source of that Personal Information.
You also have the right to request from us the rectification or erasure of your Personal Information, to request from us the restriction of processing of your Personal Information, and to object to our processing of your Personal Information.
If you want to access, correct or seek the erasure of your Personal Information or data, please contact our Data Protection Officer (see below) and he/she will tell you how to make a request and if any charges will apply.
EU subjects may complain to a supervisory authority
European Union subjects have the right to lodge a complaint about our Personal Information processing activities with a supervisory authority in the EU Member State where they are based or where the data processing activity took place.
Our Data Protection Officer can help you to identify who your supervisory authority is.
Data Protection Officer
Mitchell Bassett - RemotelyHQ Limited Data Protection Officer
Who we are
For the purposes of the GDPR, RemotelyHQ Limited is both a controller and processor of data. Our registered office is located at 116e Cavendish Drive, Manukau 2104, New Zealand.